Bihar Bijli Smart Meter App is a mobile application for your smart meter. If you are an electricity consumer in Bihar State and the smart meter is installed in your house, then you must have this Android or iOS app. With this app, you can track all the details of your electricity connection, like consumption, balance, recharge, etc. In this article, I will explain how to use the Bihar Bijli Smart Meter App step-by-step.
Electricity connection having a smart meter is a little bit different from the other connection having a normal meter. Because these smart meters are prepaid smart meter. Which means you have to pay your bill in advance or you have to recharge your connection account first then you can use the electricity.
Bihar Bijli Smart Meter App Features
- Check the details of your electricity connection.
- Your connection’s remaining balance.
- Details about recharge and recharge.
- Keep track of your consumption information on a daily, monthly, and seasonal basis.
- Your consumption and bill are represented graphically.
- One app can add multiple consumer accounts.
- Only in the app, check your bill.
- acquire the customer service number.
How to Download Bihar Bijli Smart Meter App
Bihar Bijli Smart Meter App Downloading is very simple. You can find the app by searching “Bihar Bijli Smart Meter” in the Play Store. It will now be installed on your smartphone after you tap on install. You can also download the app by clicking here.
How to Use Bihar Bijli Smart Meter App
Before you begin using the application, you will need to register either your consumer number or your CA number. After doing so, you will be able to use the app.
The Bihar Bijli Smart Meter App is a mobile application that allows you to manage your electricity account and smart meter. With the app, you can:
- Check your current balance
- View your usage history
- Set up alerts for low balance or high usage
- Recharge your meter
- Report a fault
To use the app, you will need to create an account and register your smart meter. You can do this by following these steps:
- Download the Bihar Bijli Smart Meter App from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Open the app and click on “Sign Up”.
- Enter your mobile number and click on “Send OTP”.
- Enter the OTP that you received on your mobile phone and click on “Submit”.
- Enter your name, email address, and password and click on “Create Account”.
- Once your account is created, you will be able to register your smart meter. To do this, click on the “Register Smart Meter” button and enter the following details:
- Meter number
- Consumer number
- Name of consumer
- Email address
- Mobile number
Once your smart meter is registered, you will be able to use the app to manage your electricity account.
Here are some of the things you can do with the app:
- Check your current balance: To check your current balance, click on the “Balance” tab.
- View your usage history: To view your usage history, click on the “Usage History” tab.
- Set up alerts for low balance or high usage: To set up alerts for low balance or high usage, click on the “Alerts” tab.
- Recharge your meter: To recharge your meter, click on the “Recharge” tab.
- Report a fault: To report a fault, click on the “Fault Report” tab.
The Bihar Bijli Smart Meter App is a convenient way to manage your electricity account and smart meter. With the app, you can easily check your balance, view your usage history, set up alerts, recharge your meter, and report a fault.
How to Register in Bihar Bijli Smart Meter App
You will need to open the app and then select the Register Now button in order to register your CA number or consumer number. At this point, you should be able to see a form that requires you to fill in your CA number or consumer number as well as your registered mobile number. You can also fill in your email address, but doing so is optional. You are free to move on. Now, click the Next button. In the event that you enter an incorrect mobile number or one that is not registered with your electricity connection, the process will not continue.
On the following page, you will be prompted to create a password. This password must contain both letters and numbers, and it must be between 6 and 16 characters long. Enter the password once more for confirmation, and then click the box to indicate that you agree to the terms and conditions. Now, click the Register button that’s located below.
The one-time password (OTP) that was sent to your registered mobile number will need to be entered into the pop-up window that appears after you click the register button. You can now close this window by clicking the Submit button. The process of your registration has been finished. Your mobile phone number will serve as your username, and the password that you just made will serve as your password.
Start Using Bihar Bijli Smart Meter App
Now, in order to use the application, all you need to do is sign in with the help of the Username and Password that you just created for yourself. When you log in to the application, the homepage will appear as shown in the following image.
- How To Recharge Bihar Bijli Smart Meter
Bihar Bijli Smart Meter
|Service Begin :- 2021
Last Date for Online Apply :- Unlimited
Old Electricity Bil
Bihar Bijli Smart Meter
|Pay Bill / Recharge
|NBPDCL Prepaid Meter Recharge
|Bihar Bijli Smart Meter Mobile Application
|Bihar Bijli Smart Meter All Details
|South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd
|Bihar Bijli Smart Meter Portal
|Bihar Bijli Smart Meter Official Website
A smart meter is an electronic device that records information such as consumption of electricity, voltage levels, current, and power factor. Smart meters transmit data to consumers for a better understanding of consumption patterns, as well as to electricity suppliers for system monitoring and customer billing.
Smart metres typically record energy in near-real time and send out reports at regular intervals throughout the day. Smart metres allow the metre and the central system to communicate in two directions. In contrast to automatic metre reading (AMR), advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) allows for two-way communication between the metre and the supplier. Wireless or fixed wired connections, such as power line carrier, can connect the metre to the network (PLC).
The term “smart metre” usually refers to an electricity metre, but it can also refer to a device that measures natural gas, water, or district heating usage.
Similar metres, known as interval or time-of-use metres, have been around for a long time, but “Smart Meters” typically include real-time or near-real-time sensors, power outage notification, and power quality monitoring. These extra features go beyond simple metre reading automation (AMR). They are similar to Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) metres in many ways. Commercial and industrial customers have traditionally had interval and time-of-use metres installed, but they may not have an automatic reading.
Bihar Bijli Smart Meter News
Bihar Bijli Smart Meter FAQs
How Bihar Bijli Smart Meter re-allotment process works?
Meter Re-allotment: Re-allotment process shall be used in some particular cases, i.e. damage of meter installed at consumer premises, temporary consumer.
Example : If a consumer “A” have meter “1” and meter “1” get damaged than a new meter “2” shall be installed at consumer “A’s” premise. Meter “1” shall be disconnected from consumer “A” and then Meter “2” shall be allotted to consumer “A” by re-allotment process, after registering of meter “2”.
Explain Emergency credit in prepayment meter?
Prepaid meter has features to shall not disconnect the power supply in particular conditions even if meter credit is over. In these particular conditions meter shall run continue and meter amount shall increase in negative.
One of these conditions is “Emergency Credit”. Meter is programmed for Emergency Credit by generating tokens from vending station, and shall not disconnect Load for credit balance in negative up to Emergency credit. The Emergency credit is decided by utility.
If Meter having Emergency credit of Rs. 100,and balance is exhausted at 13:00 clock at Wednesday, than meter shall not disconnect the load because meter have emergency credit of Rs. 100 and start consuming this emergency credit. Meter shall start increasing the amount register in negative.
Meter shall not disconnect the load until the amount debited in meter shall greater then Rs. 100. After consuming of such emergency credit, meter shall automatically disconnect the load. Meter amount register shall show balance in debit.
To reconnect the load meter shall be credited with amount greater than amount debited in meter. Debited amount in meter shall automatically deduct first and then normal operation goes on.
What is FAC in Bihar Bijli Smart Meter?
FAC is stated for Fuel Adjustment Charges. This is charges adjusted for per unit rate along with rate tariff.FAC may be positive or negative to increase or decrease the rate tariff applied for per unit kwh.
Meter is programmed for FAC through tokens from vending station. if FAC is positive than it is added to rate tariff and if FAC is negative than it is subtracted from rate tariff.
What is Rebate?
Rebate is the rate in percentage that is given to consumer for an amount greater than a particular amount. Rebate is applied as decided by utility.
Bihar Bijli Smart Meter Helpline Number
Bihar Bijli Smart Meter Complaint Number –
CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS Address and Contact Number
|2nd Floor, Vidyut Bhawan, Bailey Road, Patna-1
Toll Free : 1912
Phone : 8102721830
|3rd Floor, Vidyut Bhawan, Bailey Road, Patna-1
Toll Free : 1912
Phone : 8825259186
NBPDCL is a company registered under the provisions of Companies Act 1956 and is a fully owned subsidiary Company of BSPHCL.
The company is engaged primarily in the business of distribution of Electricity. It has been vested with the distribution assets, interest in property, rights and liabilities of the erstwhile BSEB necessary for the business of distribution inits area of distribution comprising of all 21 districts of North Bihar (namely 1. West Champaran, 2. East Champaran, 3. Sitamadhi, 4. Sheohar, 5. Muzaffarpur, 6. Vaishali, 7. Saran, 8. Siwan, 9. Gopalgunj, 10. Mahubani, 11. Darbhanaga, 12. Samastipur, 13. Begusarai, 14. Khagaria, 15. Saharsa, 16. Supaul, 17. Medhepura, 18. Araria,19. Katihar, 20. Purnea and 21. Kishangunj).
The Company has been given the status of a Distribution licensee as per Section14 of the Electricity Act 2003. In order to fulfill the obligations of the Distributionlicensee as mandated under the provision of Bihar State Electricity Reforms TransferScheme 2012 and Electricity Act 2003, the main objects to be pursued by the company are:-
- To undertake the activities of distribution to all consumers irrespective of the voltage, provision, supply, wheeling, purchase, sale, import, export and trading of electricity, introduce open access in distribution as per the Electricity Act2003 and/or the directions of the regulator.
- To plan, develop, acquire, establish, construct, erect, lay, hire, lease, buy, sell, operate, run, manage, maintain, enlarge, alter, renovate, modernize, work and use a power distribution system network in all its aspects including amongst others various voltage lines and associated sub -stations, including distribution centres, cables, wires, accumulators, plants, motors, meters, apparatus, computers and materials connected with sub -transmission, distribution, supply of electrical energy, ancillary services, telecommunication and telemetering equipments.
- To tender, finalise and execute Power Purchase Agreements and other agreements for sale or purchase of electricity with generating companies, trading companies, other distribution companies, Central and State generating authorities, departments or companies, societies, other States, utilities, Independent Power Producers and otherPersons.
- To undertake Rural Electrification schemes in the licensed area.
- Any other work incidental to the objectives & functions of the company.